Wednesday, April 08, 2009

NDPR Review: Luchte Zarathustra Volume

My review of a collection of essays on Nietzsche's Thus Spoke Zarathustra is up at Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews. Zarathustra is one of my favorite books ever, so I was excited to review some secondary literature on it.

Unfortunately, some of the essays in the volume were pretty bad, and I got kind of angry at one of them. More often I was just highlighting the best parts of their papers, though, or gently making fun of them if they were really screwing up. The competitive friendship with animals paper, which I mentioned here a while ago, is the last one in the review.

1 comment:

James Aire said...

I have read your review and found it to be quite unilluminating. Indeed, there is no reference to the context Luchte sets out in the introduction. Moreover, you do not really offer any arguments against the essays you do not like. You simply make assertions. It was a very disappointing review.